Sunday, April 21, 2013

UTMF: The Virgin Miler

A B C D E F G H I J K M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

I wanted to write something about the race before I fly off. Yet, there seems to be a nut stuck down somewhere in the brain, blocking all the thinking process.




Instead of trying very hard to write some "encouraging" or "self praising" stuff, just let me keep this short and simple.

I rememberd Bernie said this to me before. Tsuyoshi Kaburaki, the RD of UTMF, took part in the Oxfam Trailwalker 2012. Before the race, he gave a talk on trail running and he said that trail running is like "dancing". I had tried to master how do we "dance" on the trails. I believe besides doing more trail runs to improve my running, there has to be something else that makes it "dancing" and not plain running. I have yet to fully grasp the concept but I think I have some faint idea of it. The is this thing that I needed to do: Relax.

From Ashley Ng
Wish to thank Jeri for advising on my training for the race when I started training for it.

Also for the companion of my trailie friends. I like to run with them. I guess its our love for the trails that kept us going and going.








This will be my very first miler. Just like the row of alphabets at the top, I am skipping the L and jumped from K to M. Alright, I know. It sounds very lame. :s

I went for the STY last year. It was the shorter half-a-loop category. It was my first overseas trail race and thus was an eye opener for me. I enjoyed it and suffered along too. Some people just do not learn their lessons. Especially people like me.

I have a simple wish for this race.

I wish to complete the circle.




No comments: