Tuesday, April 30, 2013

UTMF Trip 2013 Day 8

With the race completed, now I was onto my eating ultramarathon.












I went back to the same shop at Tsukiji market again. This time, the whole market was crowded.

As I entered the market, I saw a guy wearing the UTMF finisher vest coming out. Oooo .. you wish the fishmongers to know you finish the race? Hahaha .. :)






















The toufu skin of the inari in the photo was black because it had black sugar.

Yummy yummy!!

I visited Tokyo Tower in the morning.

















This was in the direction of Mt Fuji view from the Tokyo Tower. On a clear day the mountain could be seen.









Tokyo Bay.











In the afternoon, I went to Asakusa to buy a little snacks back to Singapore. Again, there was a guy wearing the UTMF finisher vest.









Today was a food day. This was at the Excelsior Cafe near the hotel.












Pork katsu at Haneda airport. I used the race as a perfect excuse for me to pig out. Hehe .. :)












On flight meal back to Singapore.
















***********************************************************************


URLTA-TRAIL Mt.FUJI course map from Kazuhiro Abo on Vimeo.

This was a video clip of the whole UTMF 2013 race course. Every time I watch it, I could still vividly remember each section of the course, the terrain, the stories, the sweat that entails every step which I took to finish the loop. However, this video could not truly show the actual difficultly and technicality of the trails. You have to be there to experience for yourself. :)





















读了几份赛事报告,可以说这比赛是"一山还有一山高,强中自有强中手"。未来的赛事必将越来越精彩。从中也再次验证了这种长途耐力赛中,任何事都有可能发生。无论你是经验老道或初出茅庐,它都带有一种未知数,让参赛者们能重新认识那最深处的自己。也或许就是这种未知数,叫人们不停得再回去不断的挑战自我。

Having a local win the race will be a big motivational factor to draw more local elites into the race. Hara had shown to the world that it was possible for a local to win the international elities. In future editions, there will definitely be more local elites entering to vie for the podium. It will just get more and more exciting.

The race left me many wonderful memories and allowed me to make many new friends. Beautiful, enriching, humbling. 令人感到自己如此得渺小 。令人大开眼界。

I will definitely go back and attempt the UTMF again one day. In my heart, I know somewhere down there, there is this part of me, that hopes to try the 2012 miler route, and go through the 27km of tenshi mountains again!

From Transition 3 Photography


















Friends have been asking me what are my future race plans. Some have urged me to go for the "other" race. I do have my reservations. Ever since starting trail races overseas, I have been to a small number of races. There is still a lot I got to learn. Every race is a new learning experience. Yet, for such long distace races, one can never seem to be well prepared enough. When the opportunity presents itself, you need to be able to see it and grab onto it.

"Sometimes you just do things."

Perhaps its really time to look further away, plan a trip, train my ass off, and go pay my due respect ..


to the mountain gods of ..


and until then ..








~ THE END ~




No comments: