Monday, February 28, 2011

Tokyo Marathon 2011 Day 4 / 5

It was raining outside when I woke up. No wonder I felt so cold when I was sleeping. The sky was casted and drizzling when I left the hostel.


There was this noodle store near the hostel.




Saw this on my way to the train station. 鬼太郎.





I started aiming at the different food found along the street. I could eat all I could now!.


Inside was red bean paste. Yum yum .. :)


This was yam coated with malt. Sweet and sticky.


Handmade small little cakes with red bean paste.


Inside was cheese. :)

I took the train to Shinjuku, following the same way we took to the race start yesterday.


Bought fruit juice at this stall at Shinjuku station.




Bought this as it smelled very nice.


At the train station, we could find several of these lockers with animal photos on them. Later I realised besides beautifying the place, it also helps people to remember which locker they placed their stuff at.

When I got to the ground level, it was so cold! I put on my gloves, fully zipped up my big coat and even tucked my hands into the pockets, and I still felt cold. Bbbbbbrrrrrrr ..

I wanted to go Times Square again to look around. Along the way, I passed by this shop called L Breath. It was a 9 storey shop selling everything related to outdoor activities. It is located very near to Times Square.

There was also an Adidas shop just beside Times Square. Also went in to have a look.


Over at Times Square, there was this shop which teaches people how to cook. Not the conventional cooking lessons set up.



I went to the balcony at the top of Times Square. From there I was able to have a view of the whole surrounding. It was still drizzling and windy. However, I realised some "raindrops" were being blown around by the wind. Reaching out my hand, I managed to catch one of the "raindrops". To my surprise, it was a small speck of ice. The moment it landed on my palm it melted.

Oh My .. !! .. Its snowing .. !! .. :)

Next, I headed over to MyLord. Another big shopping center next to Times Square just above Shinjuku station.


There was this flowery New Balance shoe which I also saw at the race expo.


The time was now around 1645Hr. I was hungry and had noodles at the Shinjuku station. Yeah, I think I really like their noodles a lot.


There were no seats in the shops. Guess it was meant to suit the fast lifestyle of the Japanese. You finish your food and you go.


Shinjuku station.


I am heading to Shibuya now.




At Shibuya.






Bought this from the shop. Piping hot.


Saw this shop selling sports items. I only knew Phiten also sells shoes after going into this shop.



There was also Seiyu. I saw a shop at the basement selling nice small little stationaries. I saw Holga TLR being sold there. But it was too expensive .. aaarrrggghh ..

I went back at around 2200Hr+. I need to pack my stuff tonight so I can have time to go other places tomorrow morning. The return flight is in the afternoon.

Enjoyable time really pass by very fast ..

No comments: