Sunday, February 07, 2010

Putrajaya Trip Day 3 / 3 - New PB & Returning Home

Its around another 6km more to go.

I passed a runner who was sitting at the road side suffering from cramps. Another guy was stretching his legs for him. I offered him a piece of my NUUN. It was the least I could do for him.

"Always help others," This was taught to me by another experienced long distance runner when I began training for TNF last year. "You never know when you will need their help too."

This is one of the most valuable things I had learnt after I started running.

Just a bit more! I kept self talking to myself: "Comon.", "I will not give up.", "This is nothing.", "I have done worse runs before.", "Keep going."

Press on! Push!

I reached the roundabout which was the start of the last 3km. There was again no marshaller over there to signal the runners to turn out. I almost went 1 full round if not for 1 kind runner who shouted out to me to turn.

The last 3km was torturous. Plain straight. You could see the bright lights at the finish area in the far end. Its the so-near-yet-so-far feeling you get. 这么近, 那么远.

Yet, when we almost reached the lights, there came a left turn. Its 2km more to go. Luckily, I have my Garmin to tell me the distance. If not I would had thought that I would reach the Finish line at the lights. This sudden appearance of the left turn would be real demoralising without knowing the distance left.

I just kept running. Just following the few runners in front of me. Whenever I pass by runners who were walking at the side, I just tried to cheer them on.

"Comon, comon! Final stretch!"

I could feel the elated mood as I neared the Finish line. Its ending! I am finishing it soon!

There was another guy running beside me as we approached the Finish line. He also cheered me on. I cheered for him back in appreciation. He managed to pick up his pace to go through the Finish line before me.



Category Rank: 76 / 298

Gun Time: 04:27:02
Net time: 4:26:52 (new PB!)

10km: 1:01:27
26km: 2:47:56

Shuqin was at the Finish line taking photos for everybody. After collecting my medal (I gave it a kiss on the spot) and finisher top, I made my way to our agreed meeting point. Gary and Enting were sitting there. I dropped onto my knees once I reach there.

Slowly, the rest also returned. Aileen and Jacq also managed to complete the run albeit not feeling well. I could not see Brian and I thought he managed to strike a podium and was now queuing for his prize. However, he was just hanging around at the Finish line. He did a 1:40+ half marathon. That's freaking fast! All the best to him for his Aviva in Mar 2010.


With my medal.

Our transport came to fetch us back to the hotel at around 0130Hr. All of us were tired after the run. The route was tough. The 30min journey back was quiet.


We had our reloading session immediately upon reaching our hotel.

I believed everybody slept soundly that night. We had our breakfast at around 1000Hr the next morning and check out at around 1200Hr.


Lunch was at a chinese restaurant nearby.

Our coach back to Singapore was at 1400Hr at Bangsar. We reached back at Novena Square at around 2000Hr and had dinner at Hans.





There are some after thoughts for the trip. I discovered more about myself. Got good points and bad points. Some things I still could not find an answer now.

Overall, it was a fruitful trip with a new PB.

Now, I am looking forward to the next run 3 weeks later. :)

Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2010.

No comments: