Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hong Kong Trip Day 2/4: Dinner with New Balance

All of us were tired from the plane ride and the whole day of walking around. It was a good night sleep. We gathered at 1030 Hr to go to the dim sum restaurant to meet Simon for breakfast.


The neighbourhood kids were already up and running!




Cheers to a good race!




SQ teaching me how to recognise the HK coins.

It was a yummy and filling breakfast. Now we were supposed to go to the Finish line to have a look. Simon will lead the way.




We are taking the tram!












It was just a short ride.


and followed by a short walk ..


Reaching soon ..


Finish line is here!




















Putting up the final touches.


Crawl also must crawl through .. ha .. :)

I heard some people do not like to walk through the finish line before the race. It symbolises that they will do badly on race day. They do not even wish to cross the line until on race day. Its to leave the best for the last. Do you also do so?


1 for the brand. New Balance!


The score board. The only time my name can appear on it is in my wildest dreams ..


We went to this shop near the finish line for shopping. Good stuff, good buy. I got myself a pair of 2XU, oakley and electrolyte tablets.

After the shopping, Simon showed us the way back to our hotel. we have another gathering in the evening. Dinner with the rest of the Team New Balance from other countries. It will be a dinner to look forward to. Gonna be an eye opener for us.

We rested in our hotel for the rest of the afternoon before making our way down. The dinner is at Harbour Grand Hong Kong.


At the hotel lobby.


Inside Daniel and Eugene's room.


They are ready for the big race tomorrow.


Dinner reception.


































Our MC for the night.


Darren Tucker, Regional General Manager - Asia Pacific.


Eugene.


Part of the Team New Balance Singapore.


Team New Balance China. Uniformly clad in wind breakers and track pants, shoes and shirts, they formed the largest contingent of runners of 88. They call themselves NB 88.


Each country was supposed to send a rep up to pledge for their fellow runners.


China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Philippines, South Africa.


While everybody was queuing up for their food, we went for more photos.




Each country was supposed to come up with something to perform. Team New Balance Philippines tried to get everybody to do a line dance ..


and I was grabbed in. Ha .. :)


Performance from Team New Balance Taiwan.


Now its our country's turn.


Briefing everybody on what to do.












Representatives from Team New Balance China. The guy is an ABC, the Jerry Yen from China.


She was "volunteered" up the stage by us.


Team New Balance Hong Kong.


Team New Balance Singapore.


Team New Balance China.


Briefing on when and where to meet for the race tomorrow. We need to take the chartered bus from the hotel to the Start Line in Kowloon. Nobody wants to be left behind in Kowloon.


Oh shit, caught enjoying myself. Hahaha .. :)


Ooi .. no playing with food.






Its men VS women!

We returned to the hotel straight after the dinner. Need to prepare and lay out our gear, pin up our BIB and most importantly, rest early. We need to be at the hotel lobby by 0530 Hrs tomorrow. The bus will depart for Kowloon at 0545 Hrs.

Once back in our rooms, quickly bathed. Took out by running pouch and checked through the content to ensure all my gels are intact, the electrolyte tablets are also there. Also tied the ChampionChip onto my shoe.


My BIB for the race. My lucky number for tomorrow.

Planned to lie down on my bed by 2300 Hrs. However, I was still checking through my stuff for tomorrow again and again just to ensure I did not miss out anything. Race anxiety, I guess. Before I slept I took out the pace schedule and looked through it 2 - 3 more times to refresh myself on what pace to run for what section of the race.

The race is just a few hours later. High hopes for this race. Trained hard for this race.

No words can describe the feeling in my heart now. Both Gary and me did not talk much to each other in the room. Both of us know each other is anxious about the race and we wanted to do well for it. Maybe its the same for the other guys in the other rooms too. Maybe for my other friends not with us now but who are also running tomorrow too. Most probably.

Its midnight already. Resting time. Anxious but still need to get as much sleep as I can .. because ..

Race day is here!

No comments: