Friday, September 18, 2015

Just get to the start point and RUN!


From Francis Tan

Look how time flies. Next Friday will be the big day. This will be my second time standing at the start line at Kawaguchiko. Same distance. Same direction of race.

My mind is a mixture of emotions. Nervous, anxious, plus a huge sense of looking forward. Despite having done a small number of long distance races, I still experience such feelings before a race, especialy the nervousness. Even more so when this is a miler.

I am happy to be able to race with my trailie friends again. From both local and overseas. There are about 30 of my friends participating with majority of them taking up the full loop. Very happy to be able to see my Japanese friends from Avid Adventure again too. I have taken up their accommodation and support package again. They will be providing race support st various aid stations.

Singapore has a good representation this time. As long distance running gains popularity, more people are taking up the challenge in overseas races. Oversea races pose a different kind of difficulty in terms of terrain and weather. We will have to be able to adapt to it.

How will the race unfold? How will my body respond to the conditions of the course? We try to reduce the uncertainties through our weekly trainings, adjusting our training for the race as much as we can. By finding out more about the route also helps.

Even by doing so, there are still some unknowns which will always be present no matter how experience you are. You never know what will happen.

So just relax. Breath normally. Learn to embrace the last few days leading up to the race. Make use of the time to do any last minute preparation.

Be there. Be in the moment. Be yourself.

Be myself.

"Just get to the start point and RUN!" Thank you, my friend. :)

Gambatte.



No comments: