Thursday, January 17, 2013

Vibram HK100 2013 (Day 1)
















Yummy in-flight meal .. :)



























This was my hostel in Tsim Sha Tsui. Neat and tidy with a nice view. Duffel bag not included.






























It overlooks the mosque at Tsim Sha Tsui and a hill in Hong Kong island.

Weather was sunny and not as cold as we had thought. However, when we were on the hills during the race it would still be cold.












The mosque at Tsim Sha Tsui along Nathan Road. SCHKM starts here.
















My favourite 餐蛋面 !!!












叉烧包












Race pack collection was at The Overlander at Causeway Bay.

The location was a little hard to find. Luckily there were other participants collecting their packs. I had to ask them for directions. The shop was on level 2 of a building and there were no obvious signboards.






We had to check for our BIB number from the list before collecting our packs.












A small booth was set up inside the shop to let participants do the race pack collection.

Now I knew a new place to go for sports items :)









There was this huge bear in the shop behind the booth. It was wearing a HK100 beanie, not a cook's hat!
















Met friends during the collection.













Dinner was with 花花 and 草草 and Tseung Kwan O.










I visited their house and also saw their newborn BB for the first time.
















There was a shelf in their house displaying all of 花花 's finisher medals and trophies.

It was one thing to have a whole shelf of finisher medals .. it was another to have a shelf of finisher medals and trophies.







I recognise a Boston inside the medals.












The trophy on the right is for China Coast Marathon 2011 women champion. I took part in the race too!










She won Trailwalker before too!












The trophy on the right is for River Kwai Half Marathon 2011 category champion. We went for the race together with Edmund, Chua, Joanne and Soon Teck.










Some more trophies.

















Just when I thought I finished seeing everything, I turned around and saw another shelf with trophies on the top!

花花 told me she had already given some trophies away due to space constraint. Wow ..








I left their house early as I need to have more rest. Another problem was I need to make a trip back to The Overlander as they had missed out the small collapsable cup inside my race pack so I need to quickly go back to collect it. :(

Tomorrow morning I would need to prepare my race gear, drop bag and finish point bag. In the afternoon, the rest of the guys would be arriving in Hong Kong and we would travel to Pak Tam Chung (start line) and stay overnight at the chalet I booked.

I need more sleep now. :)

No comments: