Monday, May 21, 2012

STY 2012 Day 7


We woke up early to catch the solar eclipse.












Unfortunately, the sky was very cloudy. By the time some of the clouds cleared up for us to have a clear picture, the eclipse had already passed its full eclipse stage.










Today we would leave Lake Kawaguchiko and travel back to Tokyo. The bus leaves at 10:00am.
















This was the official drop bag of the UTMF belonging to Tony. I borrowed to take a photo of it.
















One day I would return for the UTMF.































Having the wonderful buffet spread for the last time.



































This was a close up of the 3D map they have in the hall. On the left was the Tenshiyama mountain range.

Very memorable.









Our bus stopped at Ohike Park. All the memories of the race flashed back in my mind.

Goodbye Mount Fuji.









Harry bade us farewell over here. Guess this would be the end of our Mount Fuji adventure.












Compared to our journey coming to Lake Kawaguchiko,  the journey back to Tokyo was a quiet one. I slept all the way. Guess there was some sadness that we were all going to separate after this. This race some how forged a sense of bonding for each of us, regardless of our race category or timing. In my heart, I hoped that some day we would meet again. At the start line of some race. Running along in the trails. Or waiting for each other at the finish line.


At Suitengumae metro station. Shine, Andre and me agreed to meet for a drink at Shibuya at 6:00pm.











The first thing I had to do was to return the phone back to PuPuRu before going back to Sakura Hotel Ikebukuro. I had booked a room there again.










Meeting at the Hachiko statue at Shibuya. It wa located at the Huchiko exit of Shibuya station.

Andre put his UTMF beanie onto the dog's head. Hahaha .. :)









A pair of new Nike Andre bought at Harajuku. Very colourful.












We walked around Shibuya. They had some interesting things to see.

We found a cafe where we sat down for some drinks. After the drink, Andre left to meet his Japanese friend. Shine went to go some shopping of his own while I continued to walk around.







Terminator restaurant??













This stationary shop was called Delfonics. I saw it when I came to run Tokyo Marathon in 2011. It sells very nice stationaries. I bought some stuff for myself and my friends.










I went back to the hotel after that. I was still feeling very tired and guessed I need to sleep early.

No comments: