Saturday, November 20, 2010

Standard Chartered Bangkok Marathon 2010 Day 1/3


Aileen and I agreed to meet at T1 at 0530Hr. I reached at around 0545Hr. The moment the taxi stopped, I received a call from Aileen, telling me the flight has been rescheduled to 0835Hr. "Hey, arnt we not taking Tiger Airways?!" I thought to myself.


Maybe this guy in front is going for the marathon too.


Rescheduled from 0715Hr to 0835Hr. The delay will snowball into the plans for the rest of the day.

After checking in, we had breakfast at one of the restaurants. Had chicken shred noodles. Very oily. The time was around 0615Hr now.


We entered the custom and made our way to our boarding gate. The waiting game begins now.


Playing on her Iphone.


Still waiting.


At around 0800Hr, there was an announcement calling us to make our way to a new boarding gate. Its at the opposite end of the terminal.












We waited further until around 0925Hr for the plane to take off. Really late.


Think she is really tired cos she was at the SCSM race expo till late the night before.


I tried to sleep but woke up after a short while. Was thinking of what to write on the BIB given by New Balance. Then I wrote this.


Aileen had some nuts in her bag and she ordered a drink.


Studying the race route.


Over the clouds.


Now under them.


Reaching soon.


Going towards the custom.


Was so worried the camera would drop from the travellator's handle belt.


Finally reached the customs.

We met up with Aileen's friend, Tang, after going out of the customs.


Going to city.


Reaching our hotel.


Our room.


We were so hungry we quickly went to eat at this restaurant across the road. The time now was 1300Hr+ and our last meal was 8 hours ago.


In front of our hotel.


Shark fins soup. Boiling hot!


Pineapple fried rice. I got the impression that Thailand's food servings were smaller when I went to Phuket in June with Sandy. So I ordered the middle size. But now its quite big. Really is carbo loading.

After lunch, we took a cab to the Royal Thai Army CLub to collect our race kit.


Seeing this tutu reminds me of the James Bond Citibank card commercial.


At the Royal Thai Army Club.


They have drinks served to everybody.








BIBs.


I like my BIB the moment I saw it. 66. 六六大舜.


Testing the champion chip.


We are going Chiang Mai too!


I chose China Coast Marathon in HK over Khon Kaen for Jan 2011. I will go back to Khon Kaen in the future.


Tomorrow, the shirt and medal will be mine.

They have a small area outside selling some shoes and apparels. But I did not buy anything. We waited Joe to join us at the race expo. He was flying in from KL. After Joe arrived and took this stuff, we went to the start point to recce the place.


Outside the Royal Thai Army Club.


Walking to the start line outside the Royal Palace.







The time now is like 1700Hr+. Time to go back to the hotel to put our stuff. We rested for a while in the hotel before going out for dinner.


Managed to find this noodle stall.





Returned to our room to prepare for the race tomorrow. Our race will start at 0300Hr. We agreed to meet at the lobby at 0145Hr. Packed the stuff and pinned up the BIB. Today will be an early night.

Slept at around 2000Hr. Goodnight.

No comments: