Friday, May 21, 2010

adidas Sundown Marathon 2010 Race Expo

The race expo for Sundown starts today. Had heard my friends who went in the afternoon complained that the queue was very long. I had planned to go and collect my stuff after work today. I had made some mental preparation that the queue would be long. However, things were much worse than I had imagined.



When I reached there at around 1900 Hr, there were so many people around and the queue had formed into a long winding snake that went 2 full rounds around the whole of Level 3!

Seeing the long long queue and after being told by the helpers that we may need to wait for at least 2 hours, I was planning to go back and return tomorrow. At this moment somebody patted me on the back. Looking around, I saw Mel from NB. She was also here to collect her stuff for her 21km. Since there is somebody to accompany now, I decided to stick in the queue to get my stuff.


We were on the "outer" circle on the left side. There was still an inner circle (right side) which we would later move into.


The turning point for the queue. We used 1hr 10min to reach here.


Our ending point of this "race".






The end of the queue. The helpers were there to close the queue and ask people to come back another day.






Playing the "guess the number of" game.


Our queue was for the UM, FM, HM and the team / corporate 10k. This is the queue for the Women 10k.


Reaching soon.

We were in the queue for 2 hrs before we could collect our race kit.


Got this separate event tee. Its nice!

No comments: